Sweden Policy Consultant – GFI Europe (Part Time)
The Good Food Institute Europe ASBL
You will spearhead GFI Europe's work in Sweden by building key relationships and accelerating support for GFI's mission to advance sustainable proteins. You will work independently and in close collaboration with the rest of the GFI Europe team to:
- Deliver positive policy change to support plant-based, cultivated, and fermentation derived proteins in Sweden.
- Track legislative and non-legislative policy developments relating to research and innovation, regulatory affairs, labelling, and fair access to market for sustainable proteins.
- Build relationships with relevant policy-makers and officials in government and in relevant research agencies, and identify and cultivate champions for the sector.
- Work cooperatively with other non-profit organizations, companies and stakeholders, cultivating strong relationships and engaging respectfully with people who are still to be persuaded.
- Support the GFI Europe communications team to build the profile of sustainable proteins in Sweden.
- Represent GFI Europe in meetings with stakeholders and at public events where opportunities arise.
- Work closely with the rest of the GFI Europe team to ensure that the relevant stakeholders are aware of Swedish funding opportunities.
- Tailor GFI policy materials for use in the local context.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Who we're looking for
You must have:
- Experience delivering policy change in Sweden, evidenced through policy or public affairs roles, experience in a government, public institution, political party, NGO, think tank, industry association, public affairs agency, consulting firm, lobbying organization, or other relevant institution.
- Excellent networking, interpersonal, influencing, and relationship-building skills, and the ability to build strong, collaborative and positive relationships with external stakeholders.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in Swedish.
- Fluent Swedish and English, both written and spoken.
- Experience in environmental, agricultural, research and innovation, or food policy.
- An existing network of contacts in the environmental, agricultural, research and innovation, or food policy sectors.
We want the best people and we don't want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.