The Kvinna till Kvinna foundation is currently recruiting a Head of Office with the overall responsibility for the management and strategic development of Kvinna till Kvinna´s programmes in Iraq and Jordan. The position can be placed in Erbil or in Amman, depending on applications.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all.
About the job
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region. Kvinna till Kvinna supports 16 organisations in Iraq and Jordan.
The Head of Office will be responsible for programmes and staff in Iraq and Jordan and have the overall responsibility to develop and ensure the implementation of programme activities in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
The Head of Office hold managerial, administrative, and financial responsibility, including the management of the overall country budget and supervise the work of the office employees.
Additionally, the Head of Office are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The assignment requires several international trips per year including to attend management meetings.
The Head of Office reports to the Regional Manager MENA and belongs to the Programme & Method department.
To be successful in this role we believe you are a strong leader with the ability to motivate others. You are team-oriented, strategic, and goal-orientated with the ability to prioritise and delegate.
You are flexible and adaptable and can handle stressful situations and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance.
You should be engaged and share our beliefs.
You need to at least have
- Bachelor degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field;
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience in a managerial position with responsibilities over at least 3-6 staff and a medium-sized budget;
- A minimum of five years of experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict or post-conflict context; preferably from the MENA region;
- Experience working in partnership with local women organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience in programme and project development, management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning, including experience in results-based management and quality assurance;
- Experience as responsible for the safety of an office and its staff;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Solid computer skills and experience performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks (financial follow-up);
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Master degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Swedish;
- Experience of methods development and capacity-building;
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees internationally. You will join a team of 130+ dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who fight for women’s rights in more than 20 conflict-affected countries. In the Middle East and North Africa, roughly 30 of us work to prevent discrimination, increase women’s participation in society and support the development of women’s rights organisations. Join us!
This is a two-year fulltime contract (international development cooperation assignment) with possibility of extension, up to five years pending on funding.
This position can be based in either in Erbil or Amman depending on applications. Erbil is an unaccompanied post and Amman is an accompanied post. We offer a competitive benefits package, covered costs for housing, insurance coverage and other benefits. Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Kvinna till Kvinna also has offices in Jerusalem, Lebanon and Tunis. Through regular digital meetings, we stay in touch with our colleagues abroad. Your role will include regular travel, especially within the MENA region.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Deadline for application is: September 15
For application please klick on the apply button. Please submit your CV and personal letter in English.
Please note that we only accept applications thru our job site.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Programme and Method, Linda Säll email@example.com
For information on the recruitment process, please contact our HR unit at HR@kvinnatillkvinna.se
To contact representatives for the local unions, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org