We are expanding our team! RFSL is looking to recruit a committed and passionate professional to join our team in the position as “Mini-grants and Scholarship Manager” to work with Eastern Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Mini-grants and Scholarship Manager your mission is to implement the mini-grants and scholarship component of our Eastern Europe program.
You will be responsible for implementation of organizational mini-grants that provide partner organizations with a possibility to work on their strategy. Also, you will implement a Scholarship component giving activists the opportunity to participate in different conferences and spaces.
As Mini-grants and Scholarship Manager you are a part of the International Unit and report to the Head of Program.
The role includes the following tasks:
- Plan and implement mini-grants and scholarship activities in Eastern Europe in relation to the changing community needs and contexts, in line with the objectives of the program
- Coordinate and work strategically with partner organizations to ensure that the mini grants component reflects their needs
- Monitor and evaluate the mini-grants and scholarship activities in relation to the program goals as well as learn and adjust activities to maximize the impact
- Evaluate, record learnings and report on the results of the mini-grants and scholarships activities
- Review scholarship applications, budgets and prepare corresponding documentation internally
- Work with the Head of Program, Controller and the Financial Team on financial follow-up and oversight
- Perform administrative tasks, related to the function and implementation
- Evaluate, record learnings and report on the results of the partnership and organizational development activities and related budget expenditure
- Participate in office and team meetings and processes and contribute with experience and knowledge in the drafting of applications for funding or other relevant documents
We assume that you share RFSL’s values of anti-racism, feminism, accessibility, and intersectionality.
To be suitable for this position you have:
- Expertise in the lived realities of LGBTQI persons in Eastern Europe
- Strong commitment to the advancement of LGBTQI rights, justice, and equality
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience with grantmaking, NGO project management, and organizations and activists
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience within a national or international non-governmental organization
- Experience working with budgets, financial reports, and oversight in the NGO sector, ideally in Eastern Europe
- Understanding of the security implications related to LGBTQI activism in different contexts across Eastern Europe
- Excellent knowledge (spoken and written) of English and working knowledge in Russian.
- High administrative capacity
- Solid IT skills, including good knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft 365 (Excel, PPT, Word)
- A Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, international relations, political science and sociology or other social sciences or equivalent qualifications obtained through relevant work experience
Qualifications that are desirable but not required for the position are:
- A proven track record of knowledge and experiences from human rights work in Eastern Europe
- Experience from organizing trainings and other capacity-strengthening events for civil society activists, preferably in Eastern Europe
- Knowledge of other languages within the Eastern Europe Region
- A Swedish work permit
ABOUT THE EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time temporary employment, starting in November/ December 2022 or as soon as possible. The employment is initially until May 31 2024, with the possibility of prolongation. The employment begins with a 6-month probationary period, after which a mutual notice period applies in the event that either party wishes to end the employment early.
Furthermore, RFSL are part of a collective agreement and offer a number of valuable work benefits.
The organization is working in a hybrid mode. The position should preferably be based in Sweden, while extensive traveling to the region and elsewhere will also be expected. RFSL can provide support with work permit applications, if relevant.
RFSL strive to be an inclusive workplace for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and sex characteristics, religion, race, ethnicity, country of origin, disability status, age and other grounds of discrimination. Candidates with lived realities and experiences of LGBTQI communities, especially individuals with trans, intersex and gender-non-conforming experiences and identities and with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply as soon as possible, as we recruit on an ongoing basis, but no later than October 16, 2022. If you have any questions about the position please contact Jenny Sundberg, International Director, at email@example.com.
Contact information to local Union representative Jon Gjønnes: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many strong applicants will have some qualifications but not others. We highly encourage everyone to apply!
Founded in 1950, RFSL, the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Rights, is one of the oldest non-profit, membership based LGBTQI organizations in the world. RFSL’s vision is an equal world where all LGBTQI people’s human rights are respected, and nobody is left out. The Federation has over 7000 members and 36 chapters around Sweden. The Head office with its 45 staff members is located in Stockholm.
RFSL’s global solidarity work dates back to 1979 when the organization joined ILGA. Our international work is deeply rooted in RFSL’s decades-long experience of advancing LGBTQI rights nationally and centers the expertise and self-advocacy of our partner organizations. RFSL’s international unit has a broad capacity-strengthening program and a strong commitment to international advocacy.
We enter into and maintain long-term partnerships with LGBTQI organizations in Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Southern and East Africa and support partners’ work on national, regional, and international levels. Through partnerships, RFSL aims to contribute to capacity strengthening, experience exchange and accessing global platforms and spaces.